Center for Taiwan Academic Research Ethics Education (AREE) was founded in 2014, and devoted efforts to enhancing the knowledge and competency of Higher Education in Taiwan. Nowadays, AREE is the largest online platform of Academic Ethics and Research Integrity in Taiwan. This online course is for learning and training to be applicable to college and master students, teachers, and researchers. There are over 100 colleges and universities appointing this course as a students’ assignment and also over 250 medical and research institutions listing it as one of researchers’ training platforms.
Legal documents and statements
- Display updated policies and declarations
- Announcement and briefings on important issues
- Policy implementations and awareness investigations
- Localized Chinese education courses in Academic Ethics and Research Integrity
- Posters and PowerPoints addressing important issues
- Multimedia learning materials such as webtoons and animations
- E-learning effectiveness evaluations and certification
- Common types of cases involving research misconduct
- Train-the-trainers workshops
- Focus group forums for students and teachers
- Domestic and overseas seminars and news/events sharing
- Consultation for NSTC-funded institutions
- AREE system management consultation for universities and colleges
- If you need educational materials of Academic Ethics and Research Integrity.
- If you need educational courses of Academic Ethics and Research Integrity.
- If you wish to inquire about the Government regulations for Academic Ethics and Research Integrity.
- If you wish to improve your knowledge about and awareness of Academic Ethics and Research Integrity.
- If you are preparing to conduct a research.
- If you are preparing to conduct a collaboration research with others.
- If you are preparing to publish your research results.
- If you are preparing to manage your research data.
Our Image and underlying concepts
The logo of AREE originates from the four letters of the acronym and includes the image of Taiwan, representing the “center for Taiwan.”
Concepts and components of the logo:
- Font: Connect the prefix of “Academic” and “Research” with a simplified structure, expressing the differential but inseparable characteristics of Academic and Research.
- Image: Illustrate the image of Globe and Taiwan with simple picture, presenting the idea of Academic Research Ethics as both a global and local issues and linking up with the world.
- Color: Use “blue” as key vision representing professional and rational image, showing the value of ethics with blue color gradients.